February 02, 2014

Questions and Answers

     I have had a few of you ask what software, clip-art and fonts that I use to create my teaching resources with. I love reading your emails, and enjoy hearing what questions you have for me. I would love to help you, and encourage you to open a shop of your own (if you haven't already).
     While many teaching resource sellers use Microsoft Office to create their items, I use Kingsoft Office. Why?  It's FREE, and it does the same thing as Microsoft Office! And I just recently learned that we can password protect our products on Kingsoft from the PC, without additional help (I will have to share a tutorial on how to do this real soon). From what I understand, Microsoft Office only allows Mac users to do this with their software. By not password protecting our products, we are not providing additional safety to our products and to the images contained within them. Bummer, huh? These are the reasons why I use Kingsoft on my PC.


     As far as clip-art goes, I mainly use Melonheadz Illustrations. I am a HUGE FAN of Nikki Casassa!!!! She is, in my opinion, one of the most talented people that I have ever met! Most of you already know that I am absolutely addicted to her doodles. Just about every post and product that I make has something to do with her, or her little creations! What a great inspiration, she is!


     Clip-art and fonts go hand in hand with me. Kimberly Geswein and Nikki Casassa teamed up together to make one fabulous font--- KG Melonheadz font! I have been hooked to Kimberly Geswein fonts ever since! Sometimes you will also find me use fonts from Learning with Mrs. Leeby, Khrys Bosland of Keepin' it Kool in Kindergarten, and from Kevin and Amanda. These are just a few of my all time favorites, and I highly recommend them to anyone!

http://www.kimberlygeswein.com/
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Khrys-Bosland

Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!
     If you are looking to start a TpT or Teacher's Notebook business, I encourage you to do so. I encourage it so much that I even opened a link party that is dedicated to helping all you advertise your businesses and blogs. I host this link party each Tuesday. The link party is called, "Just for the Teacher Tuesday". If you are thinking of opening up shop, please do! And come back to my blog each week to link up with me! I would love to see what ideas you have!!!! Hope to see you here! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Kingsoft Office! Can't wait to see your tutorial on how you password protect documents and how that all works!!
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, for stopping by! I am very proud that I am able to get the word out about Kingsoft Office. And I am especially happy that I was able to find an easy way to password protect these documents. I love Nikki's doodles so much that I would hate someone to take advantage of the opportunity to steal her images, all because I didn't take further action to help keep them safe. I would love to see you come back, and read my tutorial. I hope it will help you! :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete